Puerto Rico Lawsuits Live On After Promesa: A Look at the CasesBy
Island faces two new suits after passage of federal law
Creditors seek to stop revenue diversions and moratorium law
While Puerto Rico is on a path to a historic debt restructuring, the commonwealth still faces legal challenges. Hedge funds and insurance companies are seeking to stop the island from redirecting revenue and imposing a moratorium on debt payments, with two suits emerging even after the passage of the Promesa bill.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Target to Buy Shipt for $550 Million in Challenge to Amazon
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses