Hollande Seeks More Emergency Powers Following Nice Attack

French President Francois Hollande will seek a three-month extension of emergency powers Tuesday following the terrorist attack that killed 84 people in Nice last week.

At a cabinet meeting Hollande pledged that everything necessary will be done to ensure security, Cabinet Spokesman Stephane Le Foll said. The emergency powers request will be considered by the National Assembly Tuesday and by the Senate Wednesday.

The new request will include the expansion of government powers to make it easier to sieze computer and mobile phone data, Le Foll said.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
LEARN MORE