Congo Premier Halts Aid to Struggling Bank as Franc WeakensBy
Prime Minister says loans to BIAC are weakening currency
Government, central bank have had series of clashes over BIAC
Democratic Republic of Congo Prime Minster Augustin Matata Ponyo ordered the central bank to halt loans to struggling Banque International Pour l’Afrique because they’re contributing to the franc’s weakness, according to a statement from his office.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner