Botswana to Maintain $130 Million BCL Mine Spend to Save JobsBy and
BCL nickel mine ‘unsustainable, unprofitable’ to run, VP says
Government concerned about preserving more than 5,000 jobs
Botswana will maintain 1.4 billion pula ($130 million) of annual spending on state-owned BCL Ltd. even as it wants to move away from mining, because the copper and nickel producer employs as many as 5,000 people, the vice president said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt