Gabon’s Electoral Body Approves 14 Candidates for August VoteBy
Gabon’s electoral commission said 14 candidates were eligible to run in next month’s presidential vote including President Ali Bongo, who will seek a second term.
Among other candidates are Guy Nzouba Ndama, who served as the central African oil producer’s Speaker of Parliament for almost two decades, and opposition leader Jean Ping, a former chairman of the African Union Commission, according to an e-mailed statement late Friday.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Prime-Age Men May Never Return to U.S. Workforce, Fed Paper Says
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone