Toys ‘R’ Us Bond Swap Pays 12% to Buy Time for a TurnaroundBy
Retailer will trade its 2017, 2018 bonds for new 2021 issues
The company needs cash to battle Wal-Mart, Target and Amazon
Toys “R” Us Inc., beset by rivals and burdened by debt tied to its 2005 leveraged buyout, pushed ahead with a bond swap offering a 12 percent interest rate that could buy time for the retailer’s turnaround plan.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy