Brazil’s New Lower House Speaker Seen Helping Temer’s AgendaBy and
More than a dozen candidates vied for the job to replace Cunha
New speaker is ally of acting president, critic of Rousseff
An ally of Acting President Michel Temer won the election to become Brazil’s new lower house speaker, raising expectations that the interim government will succeed in passing unpopular belt-tightening measures through Congress.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Edges Lower: Markets Wrap
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn