Biggest Mortgage Lender Opens Market for Indian Masala BondsBy
RBI permitted companies to issue offshore rupee debt last year
Other issuers with plans include NTPC, Rural Electrification
India’s first Masala bond from Housing Development Finance Corp., the nation’s biggest mortgage lender, opens the door for other high-quality issuers to tap the nascent offshore rupee-debt market, according to Credit Suisse Group AG and Nomura Holdings Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure