Philippines’ Firebrand Leader Treads Carefully on Sea RulingBy and
Duterte keeps vow to not flaunt victory over China’s claims
Balancing calls at home for strong reaction to court decision
Despite dealing China a stunning setback over his country’s competing claims in the South China Sea, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has stuck to his pledge to not "flaunt or taunt" the international court ruling.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt