Chinese Gold Miners Underperform Their Global Peers: ChartBy
Not all gold miners have taken full advantage of surging gold prices over the last year. Stock prices of Chinese gold mining companies increased 64 percent in 2016 when their global competitors jumped 142 percent. Firms in China have higher costs and lower quality pits, triggering their recent buying spree of overseas gold quarries, said Molly Shutt, a commodities analyst at BMI Research.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO