S&P 500 Rises to All-Time High on Growth Optimism, Stimulus BetsBy
Friday’s jobs report allays concerns spurred by dip in hiring
Benchmark settles above its prior closing and intraday records
U.S. stocks climbed, pushing the benchmark S&P 500 Index to an all-time high, extending a rally from Friday when a better-than-forecast jobs report brightened the economic outlook without fueling expectations that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates sooner.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing