Dare to Dream: The Bank Mergers That Could Help Fix the IndustryBy and
Deutsche Bank, Standard Chartered seen as prime candidates
Bankers offer deals that would make sense if regulators allow
Eight years after the financial crisis, bank bailouts are being discussed once again in Europe. Low and even negative interest rates, the weight of soured assets, high legal bills and new digital competitors are all depressing shares and executives. Britain’s decision to leave the European Union has further undermined confidence in the banking sector.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts