Backlash Against Banker Pay Puts Iran’s Rouhani on DefensiveBy
Entire managerial board of wealth fund resigns over payslips
Economic affairs ministry caps monthly salaries at $6,250
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said salaries that were paid to heads of state-run banking and financial institutions were unfair, seeking to contain public anger that put his administration on the defensive as he prepares to stand for re-election next year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations