Vale Sells Giant Ships to China-Led Group for $269 MillionBy
ICBC-led group buys 3 vessels with 400,000-ton capacity
Vale looking to raise $5 billion from non-core assets
Vale SA agreed to sell three bulk carriers for $269 million as the world’s biggest iron-ore miner seeks to strengthen its balance sheet after commodity prices tumbled.
The Rio de Janeiro-based company will sell the vessels to a consortium led by a unit of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd, Vale said in a statement. The vessels, to be delivered in August, have a capacity of 400,000 metric tons.
Vale is also negotiating the sale of other vessels as it seeks to raise as much as $5 billion from non-core assets this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap