Sharp to Supply Solar Systems to Philippines, Indonesia ProjectsBy
Sharp Corp., a Japanese photovoltaic panel maker, plans to supply solar-power generation systems for projects in the Philippines, Mongolia and Indonesia.
Osaka-based Sharp is exploring ways to revamp its solar business after the Foxconn Technology Group of Taiwan took control of the company earlier this year.
Sharp may procure panels from other manufacturers for shipment to the three countries, Toyodo Uemura, a spokesman for the company, said by phone after the Nikkei reported the plan earlier on Thursday.
The company sold 1,001 megawatts of solar panels for the year ended March 2016, including 923 megawatts for the Japanese market, according to Uemura.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry
- Why High-Flying U.S. Home Prices Seen Getting Another Jolt
- Ford Plans $11.5 Billion in Extra Cuts, Kills Most U.S. Cars
- Stocks Push Higher; Dollar Reaches 3-Month Peak: Markets Wrap
- American Cities Are Fighting Big Business Over Wireless Internet, and They’re Losing