China’s Top Internet Regulator Said Planning to Step AsideBloomberg News
Cyberspace director Lu Wei says deputy Xu Lin to succeed him
Central post in President Xi’s effort to rein in internet
China’s top web regulator announced he plans to to step aside, a person with knowledge of the situation said, signaling a power shift at an agency central to President Xi Jinping’s effort to control content available to the world’s largest internet audience.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner