English, Welsh Leave Votes Outweigh Scotland’s Remain: GraphicBy
At 72 percent, the turnout for the U.K.’s referendum on European Union membership trumped the 66 percent of the electorate that participated in last year’s general election. While Scotland and Northern Ireland overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU, voters in England and Wales generally chose to leave.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing