U.S. Fighter Sales to Gulf Allies Stalled for Up to Three YearsBy
Qatar’s request for 36 Boeing F-15s dates back to July 2013
‘We sit on their requests, sometimes for years,’ lawmaker says
While the Obama administration has promised new arms sales to bolster Sunni Gulf allies against their Shiite rival Iran, the White House has yet to seek congressional approval for fighter jets requested by Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain as long ago as 2013.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Edges Lower: Markets Wrap
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn