Gold Market Ignores Yellen, Tracks Decline in Brexit Odds: ChartBy
Even Janet Yellen can’t seem to distract the gold market from this week’s Brexit vote. In congressional testimony, the Fed chair signaled that her optimism in the U.S. economy had softened. The gold market, which has surged this year as bets on flagging growth and low interest rates boosted demand for the metal as a haven, took little notice, posting its biggest loss in four weeks amid lower odds that the U.K. will leave the European Union.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Target to Buy Shipt for $550 Million in Challenge to Amazon
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses