Chinese Kick Smoking Habit, Hurting Cigarette Industry: ChartBy
Chinese smokers cut down on cigarettes in 2015 for the first time in 20 years, dragging down the tobacco industry’s overall sales. China, which remains the largest cigarette market in the world, saw volumes decline due to health concerns, government regulations and tax increases, according to Euromonitor International. Globally, cigarette sales volume dropped 2.1 percent in 2015, compared with a 0.1 percent decrease in 2014.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy