Boom May Be at Risk for Australian Apartment Developers: ChartBy
Two of Australia’s largest developers, Mirvac Group and Lendlease Group, have enjoyed surging sales as demand from investors has been buoyant. That could be under threat amid mounting risks that buyers may not be able to complete their purchases because of increased scrutiny of capital outflows from China, and local banks no longer lending to foreign investors, according to a report by Macquarie Group Ltd. analysts. Buyers from overseas represent about 30 percent of pre-sales at Mirvac and about 45 percent at Lendlease, according to the report.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks