Reactions to Rajan’s Decision to Leave the Reserve Bank of IndiaBy
Finance Minister Jaitley says a successor will be named soon
Strategist says ‘one step forward, two steps back’ for India
Raghuram Rajan will return to academia when his three-year term as governor of the Reserve Bank of India concludes in September, a decision that ends uncertainty about his future while creating risks for Asia’s No. 3 economy. Here are some of the reactions to his announcement, which came in a letter to the central bank’s staff published on Saturday following criticism of the governor by an ally of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy