Singer Joins Mercer in Giving $500k to Help Faso in New York PrimaryGreg Giroux
Billionaire hedge-fund manager Paul Singer made $500k donation May 13 to super-PAC helping former state representative John Faso in Republican primary for central Hudson Valley congressional district, according to FEC filing.
- New York Wins PAC has paid for TV ads attacking Andrew Heaney, Faso’s opponent in June 28 election, as a “multimillionaire from Manhattan” and an “Obama Republican” who is “dangerously liberal”
- NOTE: Heaney’s ads have compared himself to Donald Trump and referred to Faso, a former N.Y. Assembly Minority Leader, as a “lawyer, lobbyist, failed politician”
- NOTE: Super-PAC previously received $500k from Robert Mercer, a hedge-fund manager and major GOP donor who backed Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign
- NOTE: GOP Rep. Chris Gibson is retiring from N.Y.’s 19th District, which includes Kingston, Oneonta, New Paltz; Zephyr Teachout and Will Yandik seeking Democratic nomination
- NOTE: Singer won’t take part in Republican convention next month
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE