Taiwan Home to Asia’s Lowest Bond Yields Outside Japan: ChartBy
Outside Japan, where rates are negative, Asia’s lowest yields are found in Taiwan, where government debt is returning less than comparable securities in the higher-rated AAA economies of Hong Kong and Singapore. Yields have dropped 25 basis points since Dec. 31 as a slowing economy damped Taiwan’s interest rate outlook. Looking for better returns, Taiwanese life insurers, representing about $600 billion of assets, passed on an April 20-year debt auction for the first time since 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses