S. Africa Current-Account Gap Widens as Dividends Paid RiseBy
First-quarter shortfall 5% of GDP compared with 4.6% before
Government forecasts deficit will narrow to 4% this year
South Africa’s current-account deficit widened to 5 percent of gross domestic product in the first quarter as dividend payments by local companies to foreign shareholders increased.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy