‘Impossible’ for Japan Banks to Charge Depositors, Minister SaysBy and
Ishiba says it’s ‘scare-mongering’ to stoke such worries
Security policy should be election topic with economy, he says
Negative interest rates won’t be allowed to affect ordinary depositors, a Japanese cabinet minister said in the run-up to a July election in which the opposition has sought to make the nation’s monetary policy an issue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts