Why Yellen Might Turn Her Back on a Labor Market Barometer She Once Championed
In a 2014 speech, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen drew attention to one comprehensive metric that would serve as a better pulse on the state of the jobs market than the unemployment rate alone: the 19-part labor market conditions index, or LMCI.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations