Britons Tighten Their Purse Strings as Brexit Vote Looms: ChartBy
The anxiety sweeping across London trading floors about the U.K.’s future in Europe has spread to the shops. The possibility of Britons voting to leave the European Union on June 23 has contributed to the slowest monthly growth in U.K. consumer spending since February 2014, according to Visa Europe. The slowdown may bolster the campaign to remain in the EU, which contends that a Brexit vote would endanger Britain’s economic recovery.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’