Haven Rush Spurs Record Low Yield in Japan, U.K., Germany: ChartBy
Yields on Japan’s benchmark 10-year government bond dropped to a record low of minus 0.145 percent in Tokyo on Friday, after yields on similar maturity debt declined to an unprecedented 1.218 percent in the U.K. and 0.023 percent in Germany on Thursday. Bonds rallied after weak U.S. payrolls data lowered expectations that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates anytime soon and polls deepened concern that Britain will leave the European Union.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing