Beware the 20-1 Crazy Horse in the BelmontBy
Lani has been the butt of jokes since arriving in the U.S.
The colt gets shot at redemption in final leg of Triple Crown
Poor Lani. How they mocked the Japanese colt before the Kentucky Derby. Such quirky, immature antics on the racetrack each morning, and that training regimen, punctuated by lap after endless lap of slow gallops, so foreign to the American eye. Two weeks later, they were quick to dismiss him in the Preakness Stakes as well -- too slow, too dull to threaten the top three-year-old horses in the U.S.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations