Banks Tell Basel to Back Off Credit-Risk Capital RestrictionBy
Institute of International Finance responds to Basel proposal
IIF says Basel credit proposal could have ‘material’ impact
Banks are stepping up opposition to looming capital standards, with one of the financial industry’s largest lobbying groups warning that regulators risk slowing the global economy with a clampdown on lenders’ ability to judge the health of their own borrowers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing