Carry Trade Blocked by Iceland in Bid to Avoid Crisis ReplayBy
New rules will lock in investments for a period of a year
Iceland preparing for foreign currency auction on June 16
Iceland erected new defenses to block fast money from chasing western Europe’s highest interest rates as the nation prepares to dismantle the last remnants of capital controls that have existed since 2008.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting