Value Stocks Defy Conventional Wisdom, Besting Growth: ChartBy
Value or growth stocks? Conventional wisdom suggests value outperforms growth during expansion periods, and languishes during contraction. But according to Bloomberg Gadfly’s Nir Kaissar, when bull and bear market cycles in the U.S. are considered, value’s behavior bucks expectations. In 23 cycles since 1926, the Fama/French U.S. Large Value Research Index bested the Fama/French U.S. Large Growth Research Index during both bull and bear markets -- just barely in the case of the latter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts