U.S. Initial Jobless Claims Drop for Third Straight Week: ChartBy and
Filings for U.S. unemployment benefits declined for a third consecutive week, signaling sustained firming in the labor market. The median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for applications to edge up to 270,000. The monthly jobs report on Friday is expected to show further labor-market improvement, which Federal Reserve officials will consider as they gauge whether to raise the benchmark interest rate at their June 14-15 meeting.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since iPhone