Australian Stocks, Boosted by Miners, Become Expensive: ChartBy
One effect of higher commodity prices this year: the Australian stock market has become more expensive. Most of that increase has been driven by miners, the best-performing group on the S&P/ASX 200. Its price-to-earnings ratio rose to the highest in at least 10 years last week. Tim Baker, of Deutsche Bank AG, says the gauge is 10 percent pricier than its historic average.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis