Dowling College on New York’s South Shore to Close After DefaultBy
Enrollment at 60-year-old college plummetted since 2009
Dowling has about $50 million of municipal bond debt
Dowling College, a small private college on Long Island’s south shore, is shutting its doors at the end of the week after 60 years as enrollment shrank by more than half in seven years and tuition revenue plummeted.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap