India Coal Price Boost Seen Raising Power Costs, Cutting DemandBy
Generation tariffs for power provider NTPC could rise by 5%
Cost increases could weaken power demand further: Deloitte
An increase in coal prices by India’s biggest producer will boost generation costs and could further reduce demand from cash-strapped regional power retailers already curtailing purchases because they can’t afford the cost of electricity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Stocks Decline on Tech Woes While Treasuries Rally: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself