Qatar Mega-Deal Boosts Middle East Bond Sales to Record: ChartBy
Qatar’s $9 billion offering last week propelled monthly foreign bond sales in the Middle East to the highest on record at $13.8 billion as borrowers rush to raise money before the U.S. increases interest rates. DP World Ltd. and Etihad Airways were among other issuers in the week. Governments in the world’s largest oil-producing region have been looking to sell bonds to help plug holes in budget deficits after the slump in crude prices cut revenue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy