Turkish ‘Threats’ Won’t Work on EU Over Visa Offer, Juncker SaysBy
EU leader escalates EU-Turkey fight over refugees, visas
‘They will produce no effect whatsoever,’ Juncker says
One of the European Union’s top officials escalated a spat between the 28-member bloc and Turkey, saying “threats” won’t be effective after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signaled he would upend a landmark refugee deal if the EU doesn’t offer free travel for Turks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing