Is the Fed Stuck in a ‘Not So Merry-Go-Round?’
The Federal Reserve warns that it is on the verge of withdrawing monetary stimulus. The U.S. dollar rises; stocks fall. These tighter financial conditions darken the U.S. growth outlook. The Fed subsequently elects to stay on hold in light of the market turmoil. Markets recover as monetary stimulus is maintained, and financial conditions never really tighten persistently. Wash, rinse, repeat.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts