Wesfarmers Flags $1.6 Billion Writedown on Coal, TargetBy
Target chain faces accelerating competition, company says
Slower recovery in export coal prices and volatility seen
Wesfarmers Ltd. flagged as much as A$2.15 billion ($1.6 billion) in writedowns for its struggling Target department store chain and coal assets in Australia’s Queensland state.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing