Nationwide Says Profit to ‘Moderate’ Amid Rising CompetitionBy
Pretax profit rose 23 percent to $1.86 billion in fiscal year
Customer-owned lender predicts further ‘margin pressure’
Nationwide Building Society, the U.K.’s second-largest mortgage provider, said earnings may “moderate” this year because of rising competition for home loans and investment in digital banking after it posted a 23 percent rise in profit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations