Hong Kong’s Top 10 Billionaires Worth 35% of City’s GDP: ChartBy and
The top 10 billionaires in Hong Kong have a combined net worth equivalent to 35 percent of the city’s economy, compared with ratios of 5.2 percent in India and 1.4 percent in China, according to calculations based on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and International Monetary Fund estimates of gross domestic product. Growing inequality and the influence of tycoons are fueling discontent in the city and Zhang Dejiang, the Communist Party’s third-ranked leader, said on a visit last week that politics were a "distraction." The highest proportions in Europe are Sweden at 25 percent, Switzerland at 9.2 percent and Russia at 8.8 percent. Only economies with at least 10 billionaires on the index are shown.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts