Philippine Vote Spurs Investment Growth to 6-Year High: ChartBy
Investment in the Philippines grew at the fastest pace in six years last quarter as companies front-loaded spending ahead of the May presidential election that was won by Rodrigo Duterte, a firebrand mayor who had little economic policy experience. The spike may not be sustainable, DBS Group Holdings Ltd. said in a May 20 note, pointing out that the previous peak was also during a pre-election period.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO