Philippine Vote Spurs Investment Growth to 6-Year High: ChartBy
Investment in the Philippines grew at the fastest pace in six years last quarter as companies front-loaded spending ahead of the May presidential election that was won by Rodrigo Duterte, a firebrand mayor who had little economic policy experience. The spike may not be sustainable, DBS Group Holdings Ltd. said in a May 20 note, pointing out that the previous peak was also during a pre-election period.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders