Austria’s Van Der Bellen Beats Freedom Party for PresidencyBy and
Green-backed contender named winner after mail ballots counted
Candidates were in dead heat after polls closed Sunday
Alexander Van der Bellen, the candidate backed by Green Party, won Austria’s presidential election with 50.3 percent of Sunday’s vote, according to results including mail-in ballots that were announced by Interior Minister Wolfgang Sobotka.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing