Most Conservative South American Nation Balks at Liberal CrusadeBy
Chile’s government struggles to pass reforms through Congress
Bachelet puts aside key healthcare, pension system reforms
Chilean President Michelle Bachelet won the last election with promises to overhaul virtually every aspect of one of Latin America’s most unequal and conservative societies. Her state-of-the-nation address on Saturday showed she is scaling back her ambitions, two years into her term and with some key pledges unfulfilled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner