China Said to Push for More State Control Over Video WebsitesBloomberg News
Government plan said to including stakes, board seats
China’s Communist Party tightening grip over online content
China’s media regulator is proposing online video companies including Youku Tudou Inc. and Synacast Corp.’s PPLive sell equity stakes to the government in a move that would tighten its control over the businesses, according to people familiar with the matter
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting