Japan’s Topix Index Closes Higher After Whipsawing on GDP DataBy and
Economy grew 1.7 percent in first quarter, averting recession
All eyes turn to Shinzo Abe’s proposed sales-tax increase
Japan’s Topix index closed higher after fluctuating for most of the day as investors weighed the impact of strong-than-expected economic growth on the government’s decision on future stimulus and a planned sales tax hike.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts