Billionaire Kotak Anxious as Crude Hurts India’s Outlook: ChartBy
"As oil touches $50 India’s honeymoon on inflation, current account may be over," Uday Kotak, the billionaire founder of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., tweeted on Tuesday. Higher fuel costs in the world’s fastest-growing importer of crude risk reversing recent improvement in the trade deficit and worsening price pressures. Any erosion in leading economic indicators would limit room for more rate cuts by central bank Governor Raghuram Rajan and potentially force Prime Minister Narendra Modi to step up the pace of policy reform.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States