Dollar Rises to 6-Week High as Retail Sales Gain Tops ForecastBy and
Second weekly gain reflects speculation Fed will raise rates
Economic sentiment strengthens after 1st quarter slowdown
The dollar rose to the highest in more than a month after data showed April retail sales increased by the most in a year, re-igniting speculation the Federal Reserve may raise interest rates this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet